Thanksgiving is easily the most important and memorable cooking day of the year! Here you’ll find mouthwatering inspiration from Juicy Roast Turkey to the creamiest Mashed Potatoes you’ll try, along with classic Thanksgiving desserts. We can’t help but have favorites and these recipes are served at the Thanksgiving table year after year.
What to Cook for Thanksgiving?
We’ve taken all the guesswork out of planning the Thanksgiving menu. Each of these recipes has been tested and reviewed hundreds of times by readers and in our test kitchen to ensure your Thanksgiving Menu is a success!
Thanksgiving Main Dish Ideas:
Thanksgiving Side Dishes:
- Soft Dinner Rolls (serve with Honey Butter)
- Sweet Potato Casserole – with a crisp topping
- Cranberry Sauce – to go with turkey
- Green Bean Casserole – from scratch
- Roasted Carrots – don’t skip the garlic oil
- Beet Salad with Arugula – with the best dressing
Iconic Thanksgiving Desserts:
- Pumpkin Pie – with our favorite crust
- Apple Pie – with the best filling
- Pumpkin Cake – you’ll love the frosting
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – with caramel
- Baklava – make-ahead & freezer friendly
More Thanksgiving Recipes
Explore all of our Thanksgiving recipes below to make your best Thanksgiving menu yet:
Planning Thanksgiving Breakfast or Brunch?
If you’re looking to make Thanksgiving breakfast or brunch special, the Pumpkin Bread, or Bacon Pecan French Toast and Easy Cinnamon Rolls are show-stopping and absolutely holiday worthy! Another nearly-forgotten classic is Baked Apples.
If you want to try some creative new recipes this Thanksgiving, search our Recipe Index Here.